Skip to main content

little bits of light


Today, as I’m starting to feel like I can breathe again, I went to the mailbox and there was a little white bubble wrapped package waiting for me. My heart stopped for a moment. Hand written on the back it says, “handle with love.” 


A little bit of light. Just when I needed it.   


I can’t remember meeting Kyra, but my strongest memory was going to her house, to pray. I evolved from my youth group upbringings, and there are few people from then or from my school years who I keep up with, even in the typical social media ways. I’m not sure if that’s more a reflection on all those people, or me. Maybe it’s because I’m a Two. Regardless, I always followed Kyra. When she started making art, I felt it. I connected somehow. I was staying in a bedroom of a farmhouse with a stranger (she wouldn’t be a stranger for long... in fact she would change my life, but that’s another story) just after splitting up with my ex-husband when Kyra was posting that she needed a home for her cat because they had to move unexpectedly. He ended up being the perfect companion for Scott when he was staying in the little cottage next door. Captain Kirk has become a founding member of our family. When she started experimenting with ink artwork, I just became hypnotized. Every piece she’s done is brilliant. 


Then the Enneagram project happened. If you aren't familiar, do some research, and I bet you'll learn something about yourself along the way. I started studying and became so connected with her artistic expression of the personality of a Two. 


“But a Two’s strength comes when these wild and weak streams can pull together to make a single, pulsing river. When a Two listens to their needs and humbly lets themselves be filled first, they in turn have something to give to others. This river has the strength to carve the landscape around it instead of being carved by it, and the land is shaped for the good of all.”


The helper. My journey. And now it’s on a pendant... a beautiful little river in the green... hopeful. Hand sculpted and painted and with gorgeous Jasper beads, so many artists creating this for me. For my journey. It’s powerful. And it brought me to tears. And it’s beautiful.  


There are little bits of light. 


Be hopeful. 


And be thankful. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

planting broccoli

Last year I was too late to start the early season plants, but not this time!  I even used my farmers almanac calender to plan the dates to start seeds!  I sure hope this broccoli grows!  It's like a little sneak peak of spring... Until next time, Angela Kelly

a tribute to Zaphod

It has been nearly a month since the untimely death of our dearest kitty. It is late tonight, I cannot sleep and my mind is filled with grief and sorrow still. I have heard it said that loving animals is only setting oneself up for pain in the end. I may have believed it, but until now I have never felt it. Not to say that I have not lost a pet in the past, in fact several, but fortunately they had all lived long and happy lives before old age and illness took them away. This cannot be said for Zaphod. His life only lasted two short years, and it is the knowing he was meant to spend another decade with us that pains me the most.  We adopted Zaphod when he was only five weeks old, a tiny grey fuzz ball too small to eat. He refused a bottle or wet food, and we honestly worried he was not going to survive those first few days. After several trips to the vet for IV fluids and two weeks of force feeding, he accept a bowl of dry food for his first real meal, despite...

a few lessons in rabbit husbandry

We now have two years of experience under our belts raising rabbits. We have learned a lot of useful information already, but we are far from experts. That's the thing with farming, with raising animals, you will never be done learning. Bring it on. As of today we have 17 rabbits in our little group, and the more animals you have the more likely you are to have problems. Here are a few of ours: the girls The first problem we had is with the smallest litter we have, which we have had in a large dog crate on the grass. They are starting to get pretty big, and coming of age, they are starting to get a little frisky. This is bad news bears. I was out watching them and saw three boys ganging up on one girl, so in a hurry I fixed up a cage and moved her into it. She was visibly shaken, breathing quickly, her hair a mess with tufts pulled out (that was the first sign I saw that something was going on.) The next d...