Skip to main content

lets talk about health baby

Health has always been important to me. I'm thankful that I learned early that diets are a waste of time, and that its all about making healthy choices. I love to workout, even though it seems like a constant battle to fit it into my day. I hope to share about my workout habits in more detail (and with pictures!) in the near future, but for now, here's a brief run down of my routines (or routines I want to try to keep this time!).

Yoga is my favorite. Favorite favorite favorite. I've been practicing it since I was a freshmen in high school when I got to teach a class about it. I love the physical, mental, and spirital-ness of it all. Meditation really can help (ecspcially when you're as crazy as I am) calm your thoughts and your life and make all of it more enjoyable. I have a friend who is certified to teach classes (something I dream of) and I am dying to take a class with her.

I also try to fit in some strength trainging. I've been on again off again for a long time with it. I'm really puny so I definitely need to build up some muscles! We have a bowflex and my goal now is to work out on it for about an hour one day a week. That's not much. Just enough to give my body a little bit more of a challenge? We'll see how that goes.

I also like to walk and run (more walk than run honestly but I've always dreamed of running a marathon). I live in the most beautiful place with a fit-for-a-queen private walking trail that I don't use nearly often enough. It is hard to get out there when it's so frightfully cold outside. Perhaps when the weather turns I will become removitated to run.

One of my favorite workouts is to play on my pole. Yes, I have a stripper pole. No, I don't take my clothes off. Routines on a pole are cardio, strength training, and endurance all rolled into one workout. No Carmen Electra wannabe's please. But check out some videos of pole dance competitions, it really is a talent that takes incredible strength.

I pretty much eat whatever I want. My biggest problem is actually not eating enough (or not enough good stuff, and I find myself overwhelmed with takeout, sweets, and junk food.) Today was my first grocery shopping trip in months. I mean months and months and months. I'm glad to have food for workdays and to pack Jonathan's lunch. I hope to start cooking more often, so look forward to hearing of my successes and failures in the kitchen this year.

I'm done boring you all with my fitness mumbo jumbo now. Thanks for reading, or for skimming, or for just stumbling along with me even if you think I'm crazy. I am. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Goodnight for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a tribute to Zaphod

It has been nearly a month since the untimely death of our dearest kitty. It is late tonight, I cannot sleep and my mind is filled with grief and sorrow still. I have heard it said that loving animals is only setting oneself up for pain in the end. I may have believed it, but until now I have never felt it. Not to say that I have not lost a pet in the past, in fact several, but fortunately they had all lived long and happy lives before old age and illness took them away. This cannot be said for Zaphod. His life only lasted two short years, and it is the knowing he was meant to spend another decade with us that pains me the most.  We adopted Zaphod when he was only five weeks old, a tiny grey fuzz ball too small to eat. He refused a bottle or wet food, and we honestly worried he was not going to survive those first few days. After several trips to the vet for IV fluids and two weeks of force feeding, he accept a bowl of dry food for his first real meal, despite my

a new chapter

Things are changing around here.  I haven't even finished my cob series, but life just keeps getting in the way. Jonathan and I are currently looking for a new place to call home. Sometimes you have to accept that things aren't working, and do something different.  Unfortunately we are going to have to quit our farmers market. We are looking for homes for our animals, and selling off what we can. We will miss everyone so much, but his is a new chapter in our lives. We are excited about finding a place closer to our friends and family, where we can visit and hang out more often. We can't wait to have a house to call our own again, or an apartment, or whatever it may end up being. We haven't had a place all our own since we lived in the studio apartment just after getting back together. I think that was in 2010, whew! It hurts to have to start over, but we are trying not to be discouraged. We have confidence in ourselves and each other, and we're gonna be just fine

the point is

DISCLAIMER: This post contains material that may be considered graphic or inappropriate to some individuals. Continue at your own risk. You have been warned. Ok.Thanks.Carry on. My aunt, my dad's sister, came to stay last night. She has never stayed the night before, in fact we haven't ever seen her too much, holidays and whatnot. Several times a year. She is a nice lady, but she has some issues, we'll leave it at that. My problem is this: as soon as we arrived home last night, around 9:30 at night, after being gone since 9 that morning, the moment we see each other, the first words out of her mouth are, "you're poor bunny rabbits are freezing to death out there!" Imagine my long exasperated sigh here. Having farm animals isn't the same as having pets. I think Jon Katz said it best in a post last week, "I can give them shelter, warm water, good hay, I cannot make them comfortable or keep them warm, they accept their lives." We raise rabbits