Skip to main content

studio progress

the office studio corner of the room is set up
The walls are painted. Furniture is moved in. Artwork is hung. Bookshelves filled. Desks set up. 

I am very excited.

three painting my sister did are the centerpiece of the room - i love the color
the little ducky I got for my birthday peaks down from the bookshelf
a basket for sketchbooks, pencils and markers - another basket for painting supplies
bookshelf and my little cow creamer jar
office setup - organized and convenient
another one of Amy's paintings I turned into a key holder <3
It is still very much a work in progress, mudroom shelving to be painted and organized, another storage cabinet for craft and office supplies, moving the cat crate outside (a few more weeks it will be warm enough,) setting up the pot and pan wall. This corner is finished though, and I love it. There are two desks, one with the computer and office stuff, and another with art supplies. Everything I need is handy, and organized. I love the way the bookshelf looks in this big room. I feel inspired and excited to be in this space. I expect a lot of painting, drawing, exercising, yoga, blog work, and much much more in this room. Plus, since the rooms are connected, it means the kitchen, hallway (gallery) and laundry room (still to be painted) all got freshened up as well. The gallery:
 



 The house is so warm and inviting to walk into now. 
More to come, as I get things finished.

Until next time,
Angela Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

planting broccoli

Last year I was too late to start the early season plants, but not this time!  I even used my farmers almanac calender to plan the dates to start seeds!  I sure hope this broccoli grows!  It's like a little sneak peak of spring... Until next time, Angela Kelly

a few lessons in rabbit husbandry

We now have two years of experience under our belts raising rabbits. We have learned a lot of useful information already, but we are far from experts. That's the thing with farming, with raising animals, you will never be done learning. Bring it on. As of today we have 17 rabbits in our little group, and the more animals you have the more likely you are to have problems. Here are a few of ours: the girls The first problem we had is with the smallest litter we have, which we have had in a large dog crate on the grass. They are starting to get pretty big, and coming of age, they are starting to get a little frisky. This is bad news bears. I was out watching them and saw three boys ganging up on one girl, so in a hurry I fixed up a cage and moved her into it. She was visibly shaken, breathing quickly, her hair a mess with tufts pulled out (that was the first sign I saw that something was going on.) The next d...

a tribute to Zaphod

It has been nearly a month since the untimely death of our dearest kitty. It is late tonight, I cannot sleep and my mind is filled with grief and sorrow still. I have heard it said that loving animals is only setting oneself up for pain in the end. I may have believed it, but until now I have never felt it. Not to say that I have not lost a pet in the past, in fact several, but fortunately they had all lived long and happy lives before old age and illness took them away. This cannot be said for Zaphod. His life only lasted two short years, and it is the knowing he was meant to spend another decade with us that pains me the most.  We adopted Zaphod when he was only five weeks old, a tiny grey fuzz ball too small to eat. He refused a bottle or wet food, and we honestly worried he was not going to survive those first few days. After several trips to the vet for IV fluids and two weeks of force feeding, he accept a bowl of dry food for his first real meal, despite...