Skip to main content

dear you

It's not Wednesday, but I haven't posted any poetry in a few weeks. I also feel like I should mention that while I try to keep my blog a positive and uplifting place in general, the poetry I post probably won't be. Why? Well, because positive and uplifting poetry just doesn't really do it for me I guess. I like poetry that strikes chords in my heart. That make me feel what author felt when it was written. Like it's happening to me. I've always posted poetry on my social media sites over the years and I always have friends and family commenting "oh my goodness, what is wrong?!" It's just poetry, okay? It's beautiful, heartfelt words spilled onto paper with hurt and tears and meaning. It means something. That's why I think it's worth sharing.


I've had this poem for quite awhile, but I can not find the author. I found it on deviant art years ago, and have had it written down ever since. I searched to try to find the author so I could give credit, but I couldn't. It's beautiful though, and I wanted to share it because at the time that I posted it to my facebook Jonathan and I were not together, he was going through a lot in his life, I was dating someone else, and I was falling apart wanting to hold him and be there for him. Deep in my heart I always knew he was the one. 


---


dear you, 
I know that the days are growing longer 
but the nights are growing colder, 
and I can see the shadows beneath your eyes. 
your skin is blemished and 
no matter how still you are, 
I see the technicolour wheels 
swirling behind your too-drowsy lids, 
brain working overtime, 
lips refusing to spill words of need and doubt
your breath falters more each day, 
dropping slowly like rain on an empty sidewalk, 
and I wonder if I’m the only one who knows it’s there. 
I watch you slip further down the drain. 


dear you, 
I long to make you believe that I understand, 
that I get it. I was there too. 
I was there in the world of 
afterthoughts and ice-cold looks, 
where ‘friends’ are just blood and bones, 
blood and bones. 
I’ve lived where one day, 
your universe slips into night and 
you never seem to wake up, 
darkness embracing your arms, 
licking your fingertips. 
where you’re just one star, about to combust. 
did you know, that when stars die,
it takes hundreds of years for the world to find out? 


dear you, 
I’d notice if you were gone.
I’d even care.
 



dear you, 
I want to be there for you when you fall, 
when you finally shatter into thousands of 
sparkling pieces, slivers of stained glass. 
I want to be there to glue you back together,
to let your sharp words and jagged thoughts 

pierce into my flesh like daggers, 
ripping into the pads of my fingertips and 
drawing blood with every piece of you I reattach. 
you’d be beautiful even if you were broken. 


dear you, 
you’re worth the pain. 
I wish you knew that. 


(and you always will be <3)
Until next time,
Angela Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a tribute to Zaphod

It has been nearly a month since the untimely death of our dearest kitty. It is late tonight, I cannot sleep and my mind is filled with grief and sorrow still. I have heard it said that loving animals is only setting oneself up for pain in the end. I may have believed it, but until now I have never felt it. Not to say that I have not lost a pet in the past, in fact several, but fortunately they had all lived long and happy lives before old age and illness took them away. This cannot be said for Zaphod. His life only lasted two short years, and it is the knowing he was meant to spend another decade with us that pains me the most.  We adopted Zaphod when he was only five weeks old, a tiny grey fuzz ball too small to eat. He refused a bottle or wet food, and we honestly worried he was not going to survive those first few days. After several trips to the vet for IV fluids and two weeks of force feeding, he accept a bowl of dry food for his first real meal, despite my

a new chapter

Things are changing around here.  I haven't even finished my cob series, but life just keeps getting in the way. Jonathan and I are currently looking for a new place to call home. Sometimes you have to accept that things aren't working, and do something different.  Unfortunately we are going to have to quit our farmers market. We are looking for homes for our animals, and selling off what we can. We will miss everyone so much, but his is a new chapter in our lives. We are excited about finding a place closer to our friends and family, where we can visit and hang out more often. We can't wait to have a house to call our own again, or an apartment, or whatever it may end up being. We haven't had a place all our own since we lived in the studio apartment just after getting back together. I think that was in 2010, whew! It hurts to have to start over, but we are trying not to be discouraged. We have confidence in ourselves and each other, and we're gonna be just fine

the point is

DISCLAIMER: This post contains material that may be considered graphic or inappropriate to some individuals. Continue at your own risk. You have been warned. Ok.Thanks.Carry on. My aunt, my dad's sister, came to stay last night. She has never stayed the night before, in fact we haven't ever seen her too much, holidays and whatnot. Several times a year. She is a nice lady, but she has some issues, we'll leave it at that. My problem is this: as soon as we arrived home last night, around 9:30 at night, after being gone since 9 that morning, the moment we see each other, the first words out of her mouth are, "you're poor bunny rabbits are freezing to death out there!" Imagine my long exasperated sigh here. Having farm animals isn't the same as having pets. I think Jon Katz said it best in a post last week, "I can give them shelter, warm water, good hay, I cannot make them comfortable or keep them warm, they accept their lives." We raise rabbits